OK - it’s here. It’s so darn pretty (#geekoutmoment). I’m in love.
Time to put some film in….
<30 minutes pass>
OK. I screwed that up. Took the male approach and ignored instructions and just had a go. Loaded it in and it wasn’t taking on the grommets to turn the film. So I did the sensible thing and rewound it. However I managed to rewind it all the way back into the film cartridge, meaning I can’t reload it….doh!
2nd attempt, this time with youtube help. Success!!
Now to actually start to learn how to use it. Here’s some of the resources I’ve started with:
Ultimate exposure calculator - http://www.fredparker.com/ultexp1.htm
Matt Day - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzeQCM9TwPA
Erik Kim for Zone Focusing - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HR9pagH5ZI
So a few learnings early on:
- With B&W exposure doesn’t need to be spot on…close enough leaning to over exposed is fine
- Zone focusing is key to speed
- I will be shooting at f8 or f11 on the street a lot of the time - particularly where I live
- Sunny 16 rule requires brain work.
- I’m in trouble… and feeling pretty intimidated....!
More to follow!